Questions sophomores should be considering:
What type of college fits me best?
- Urban vs rural
- Large vs small
- Private vs public
- Specific majors or programs
Where do I fit academically based on GPA and SAT/ACT scores?
What are my realistic swimming goals?
- State Championship Meet cuts
- Senior Sectional cuts
- Junior National cuts
- National cuts
- Olympic Trial cuts
During sophomore year, swimmers should:
Reach out to coaches to introduce themselves
Become familiar with NCAA and NAIA recruiting rules
Take college tours
Take the first step in helping your swimmer through the recruiting process by signing up for the College Swimming Guide mailing list. By reading the blogs and watching the videos, you will become familiar with recruiting terms and the steps to take.
For those of you who would like to dive in deeper to help your swimmer realize their dream of swimming in college, the College Swimming Guide Fast Lane Membership is for you.
A Fast Lane membership will guide you through the entire process by letting you know what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Fast Lane Membership benefits include:
- Action Items at the Beginning of Each Month
- Conference Championship Meet Times (spreadsheets)
- Individual College Top Event Times (spreadsheets)
- Email Templates for Contacting Coaches
- Lists of Questions to Ask Coaches
- College Swimming Guide Fast Lane Community (a space to interact with other swim parents)
- Access to my expertise through the private community, live chats and the ability to purchase private consultations if desired.